How to get the most out of your YouTube channel
Would you like to get the most out of your YouTube channel and content? Here are some tips on improving your videos. Whether your content is used for digital marketing, customer support, or both there are steps you can take to make them more effective.
In addition, we can help you get more from your existing content, and help you be more effective with your new YouTube content.
YouTube is a powerful video platform that generates billions of views every day, and it’s also the second-largest search engine in the world. If you want to grow your business, you need to optimize your YouTube channel and content. It has been reported that YouTube videos have a 20% higher conversion rate than other forms of content marketing. YouTube videos are effective for both marketing and customer support.
Videos are the new way to get your point across. However, with YouTube’s 500 hours of content uploaded every minute, you must make a solid first impression and tag and describe your content well to attract your target audience. If no one sees your video, of course, no one will watch and share it.
Here are some ideas to help you make the most of the channel and your content. We will start with three key things that you will need to do to make your videos have the potential to succeed.
What you need to do for your YouTube success
Keep it real! Your viewers all have a fully functional BS detector, and their mouse is already drifting towards the back button right after clicking play. So stuffed shirts and carnival barkers need not apply. Your video presentation and production standards do not have to be worthy of Steven Spielberg, but they need to engage your audience and answer their questions straightforwardly and accurately.
Invest time in your script! No matter how well you know your subject, you will not do well if you are not working from a script. While there may be some presenters with such poise and knowledge that they can write out an outline and hit a home run, most of us cannot do that. When writing your script consider the following:
- What is the purpose of your video?
- What question are you answering?
- Who is your audience?
Invest in some essential tools to help improve your video’s quality. We would suggest that you focus not on the camera as much as the following items:
- If you are going to record your content indoors andpower director do not have a background that is attractive and will not distract your viewers, invest in a green screen or paint a wall with this paint from Lowes. You can then replace your background with an image or supporting content with your video editing software.
- Lighting is important. You will need to provide moderate white light above and in front of you. You should have at least 3 point sources so that your face does not have shadows.
- Buy teleprompter software for your iPad or Android tablet (or if you have good eyes, for your smartphone). Teleprompter software allows you to keep on track, not miss essential points from your script, and deliver it at a natural and consistent pace. You will also save a lot of takes and save editing time!
- Purchase a video editing software package. We suggest CyberLink Power Director, and it will help you edit your video and add effects to make them more engaging.
- Don’t like your results? Takes too much time? Then you may need to hire someone that has the tools and experience needed to help you. For example, try a Google search for “YouTube video production near me” or consider a freelancer from Upwork or Fiverr.
Some Tips from VidIQ
Here is a free bonus, 7 ways to get more views on YouTube.
What we do improve your YouTube success
- Perform an SEO and competitive analysis of your script. We will help you use keywords and phrases to attract and engage your audience.
- Perform an SEO analysis of the description of your video. Your video description provides search engines and YouTube with the essence of your content. In addition, we will help with suggested edits that help you attract the right audience.
- Perform an analysis of your video tags. YouTube and other content presenters use tags to find related content and content delivered in searches. We have data on tag search volume and other critical data to use the correct tags.
- Provide reporting that will help you see which content attracts the most views and visitor engagement. For example, you will see statistics such as views, viewer dropoff by view time, etc.
- Provide valuable insights and suggestions that will help you improve the quality and effectiveness of your video content and how best to market them.
If you would need help to make your YouTube videos meet your goals please reach out to us. We would be happy to do a channel audit for you at no cost or obligation.